Effective Date: May 15, 2018
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal data” or “personal information” shall have the meaning given to such terms by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
User Consent and Incorporation
Links to Other Sites
Personal Information We Collect or Maintain
- Information you provide when you register, including your name, email address, phone number, physical address, demographic information, profile photo, account authentication credentials
- Information you provide relating to your health, including your personal and family medical history, medications, chronic conditions, allergies, physical condition and symptoms/issues
- Information generated through your use of the Services, such as your community posts, care plan (including self-care and/or over-the-counter medications recommended) [and transcripts of video chats associated with your visits]
- Other personally identifiable information you submit through the Websites, Software or Services
Information We Collect Automatically
As you use the Services, we may use technologies that automatically collect and analyze non-personally identifiable information, such as the type of device you are using, browser type and version, time and date of visit, time spent on those pages and additional usage statistics.
Use of Personal Information
We may use information we collect to:
- Provide you with the Services
- Send you communications
- Improve the quality of the Services
- Create new products and services
- Create de-identified information
- For research and analysis purposes
- Market the Services to you
- For customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Services
- Fulfill any purpose for which you give us authorization
This includes sending you emails and push notifications to communicate about the Services you receive and give you updates, such as alerts about messages in your account, status of care plans or to request your feedback on your experience. You can opt out of receiving email marketing by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe link provided in all of our email communications.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may share information we collect:
- With our subsidiaries and affiliates
- With various contractors, service providers and other third-parties we use to support our business to perform the functions for which we engage them (such third-parties include, but are not limited to, websites hosting providers, data hosting providers, customer support providers, communications vendors and various other IT service providers)
- As required by law, including in response to a court order
- When we reasonably believe that such disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others, to protect our rights, to investigate fraud or to respond to a government request
- With a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of genneve’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information maintained by the Software, Services or Websites is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose that we disclose to you when you provide the information
We may use and share de-identified information created by us without restriction.
How We Protect Personal Information
We strive to implement reasonable and appropriate physical, technical and administrative measures to protect information under our control. However, no method of transmission or electronic storage is fully secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security. We are not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the Internet or for changes to or losses of data. Users of the Services are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of any of our Services. In order to protect you and your data, we may suspend your use of the Services, without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is suspected. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Services are restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized access to such areas is prohibited.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can contact us by submitting an inquiry via firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete Personal Information that you have provided to us. Note that we may be required, by law or otherwise, to keep certain information, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements. When we delete Personal Information, it may remain in our archived data. We may also retain De-Identified Information about your use of the Websites, Software and Services. Once we have disclosed Personal Information to third-parties, we cannot guarantee the deletion or modification of such information by the parties to whom we made the disclosure.
Individuals Under the Age of 18
The Software, Websites and Services are not intended for individuals under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 18 years of age.
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents who provide certain types of personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about certain types of personal information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. To obtain this information, please send an email message to email@example.com with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message.
Do Not Track
The Services do not respond to Do Not Track signals in your browser.